If you or a loved one has suffered a concussion, you understand how life altering it can be. If you live in the Inland Empire, Form and Function PT’s concussion programs can help. Even if you have not been formally diagnosed, and merely suspect a concussion, it is important to get evaluated.
How does it work?
The first step in our concussion rehabilitation program is to perform a thorough assessment of your current condition. We will identify which systems were affected and design a personalized program to help you recover faster than you could naturally.
We focus on:
- Stability of the neck and postural muscles that support the head. This contributes to relief of concussion associated headaches.
- Visual motor training to strengthen the muscles of the eyes to reduce eye-strain / fatigue, and improve visual focus and concentration.
- Balance and proprioception training to help restore coordination of muscles and reaction times, and speed the return to normal activity, including sport.
- Heart-rate monitored progressive aerobic activity. Improving circulation speeds healing of all of the body’s tissues, but increasing activity too soon, or too aggressively can cause concussion symptoms to worsen and lengthen the overall healing time.
- Cold Laser Therapy. Use of Laser has brought significant improvement in our client’s recovering from concussion, as well as many other physical ailments. Learn more about Cold Laser HERE.
- A passive recovery approach. Just letting time pass may not be enough to get a full and speedy recovery. If you hear “Let’s look at it again in 2, 4 or 6 weeks”, it’s time get help at Form and Function PT.
- Unsupervised treatment. Even tasks as simple as pedaling a stationary bike requires supervision after a concussion. If you’re working on your own, or working with an unlicensed “helper”, It’s time to get help at Form and Function PT.
Need to be cleared to resume your sport, work, or even PE at school?
We can help. The absence of symptoms of a concussion doesn’t mean you’re healed. We perform a concussion “stress -test” to make sure you’re ready to go.
We even provide concussion baseline testing services with the Impact Test. If you or your child participate in sport, having a baseline of cognitive function helps us determine more accurately when you have healed. The test takes about 20-30 minutes and measures verbal memory, visual memory, visual motor speed, reaction time and impulse control.
Concussions are not just a football related issue either. We’ve helped athletes in soccer, cheer, volleyball, softball, wrestling, martial arts, baseball, and basketball, not to mention motor vehicle accidents and slip and falls recover from concussions.