How professional athletes, active adults, and your weekend warriors can recover from frustrating sports injuries that are keeping you from enjoying your sport and being active.
If you’ve recently sustained a sports injury, or if you’ve been suffering with an injury for a while – it can be very tempting to pass it off as “nothing serious” and simply “put up with it” pushing through as best you can.
It can be very easy to end up feeling “stuck”, wondering if you’ll ever be able to get back to playing sports or keeping active and feeling like you used to…
If that’s happening to you, you’re not alone – we see people going through this all the time. In fact, we see people living with an injury from sports and exercise in our PT clinic in Rancho Cucamonga, no matter what time of year…
I have spent over 15 years treating athletes at all levels from just about every sport out there so I’ve seen every type of sports injury there is- and know how to help people recover from them. It’s not uncommon for us to start treatment the very same day.
That is completely the opposite to the way that most people are treated after a sports injury, and is why so many people suffering with a sports injury are asking themselves:
“It’s Been Months Now – So Why am I STILL Suffering With an Injury That’s Stopping Me From Being Active and Playing My Favorite Sport?”…
Most people think that when they get a Sports Injury it’ll get better with a few days rest, and that they’ll be able to return to their sport or exercise again, quickly. But then when they go back, they’re still restricted – sometimes even worse than it was when it first happened. Often, when you rest there is little if any pain – but as soon as you start up again, it comes back and no matter how much rest you give it – it doesn’t seem to be improving.
Does That Sound Like You?
Another scenario that we see all the time in our PT clinic is athletes who are unsure if they can play through the pain this time or if they do they might risk a greater injury.
Most Doctors don’t take the time to find out if the athlete has a recovery timeline for a race, a tournament or some other meaningful event. This leaves the athlete to make a decision on their own to ‘play through pain” not knowing if they are risking further injury.
The problem is that when it comes to sports injuries – hamstrings, ankle sprains, runner’s knee, throwing injury to the elbow or shoulder, etc., – complete rest is rarely the best advice.
So maybe you’re confused and frustrated because you’ve been told different things, by different people.
Sports injuries can be very confusing because more often than not, where the pain is coming from, isn’t actually the area that needs to be fixed and worked on and if you rest for too long – other parts of the body become problematic!
This confusion over “resting” often leads people to continue to procrastinate and put off making a decision about what to do to help fix their injury and return back to sport or exercise. Worse, many people just end up “working around their injury, and make their problem WAY WORSE!
Is That How You Feel Too?
If You’re Currently Frustrated And Living With A Sports Injury, Here’s 7 More Reasons Why It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
- You thought it would go away on it’s own – but it didn’t
- You went to the Doctor who told you to rest, wear a support, and take medication – but it did nothing to help
- A family member, or friend, told you that everyone HAS TO LEARN HOW TO “PLAY HURT” so you just accepted it
- You sought help from other Healthcare Professionals in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help
- You’ve tried using things like heat pads, ice, and sport supports but they’ve done nothing to help make the pain better
- You thought it would be a good idea to rest because you were in a lot of pain, but it still irritates you daily
- You decided to get a few “sports massages” hoping that would fix the pain, but all they did was feel a bit ‘painful’ or maybe ‘relaxing’, and didn’t do anything to fix your injury long term…
If any of these have happened to you – we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk with one of our Physical Therapists to find out what can be done to help you. The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things already is actually a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn’t work – you are closer to finding the thing that does!
Click the link below to book a call with us if you would like to get some solid advice given to you over the phone. The phone call is complementary and there is no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next for the best.
The next thing people ask us all the time is this:
“What Can You Do To Resolve This Injury For Good?”…
Well, here’s 4 things you can do:
- First off, you need to make a decision about getting help. So many people procrastinate for so long, thinking that the pain will ‘just go away with time’, but then 6 months down the line they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed… Or it gets worse and they’re still sitting out from playing sport, or exercise completely
- Next, do the RIGHT exercises – one of the best things to help you recover quickly and safely from an injury is to do the right series of progressed exercises – the right exercises given to you by a Physical Therapist will help reduce pain, and allow you to move freely and return to sport again quick – and make sure that the problems don’t come back any time soon.
- Avoid “too much rest” – while rest is an important part of the recovery process, too much rest won’t do anything to help you recover quickly. Many people believe that recovery means total rest from exercise. But in order for an injury to recover, blood flow is needed which rest prevents. It would really help if you were given appropriate recovery and strengthening exercises to heal the injury, alongside hands-on treatment to get you active and healthy again as quickly as possible.
- Get real, “hands-on” Physical Therapy – PT is proven to help people with Sports Injuries. In fact,at our clinic we help people recover from Sports Injuries all year round. If your injury is stopping you from playing sport and keeping active, – Physical Therapy can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how the Physical Therapy team at Form and Function in Rancho Cucamonga can help you recover from sports injury – we invite you to start with a no-obligation, risk free appointment at one of our clinics:
So the next question is:
How Can Choosing To See A Physical Therapist at Form Function Physical Therapy, Help You Get Rid Of Your Sports Injury For Good?
- We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness – often inside a couple of sessions
- We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your injury once and for all – often inside 20 minutes
- Pain can “zap” you of energy and concentration – we can help you to enjoy living with more energy each day, and return to doing what you love safely
- We will ensure that your problem is “corrected” and “healed” properly – and we will provide you with the perfect set of exercises that will speed up your recovery
- We can help you put an end to needing to rely on medications to get you through a workout or a game, which are obviously not very good for your long-term health
- We can help you avoid dangerous surgery – and painful injections
- We can help you keep out of the Doctor’s waiting room where you’ll be told to “rest” again…
- We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that your injury has taken from you…
- We can help you to finally be able to move freely, without worrying if the pain is going to get worse and stop you in your tracks
If you want to know what it costs – and what availability we have at our physical therapy clinics in Rancho Cucamonga, California then please just click the button below: